UBS Call: Competing With China? Or Competing For China?Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:24
A few weeks back UBS’s ASEAN regional economist Ed Teather put out the piece of research Six questions on ASEANís links with China (email me for a copy) looking at trade, investment and policy links between ASEAN and China by working to answer the following the questions:
- Which countries in ASEAN have the highest export exposure to China?
- Which countries can compete with China?
- How significant is the ASEAN-China Free Trade Area?
- Could ASEAN benefit from China investment flows?
- Will a regional FX reserve agreement including China improve stability?
- How will ASEAN policy makers respond to China monetary policy tightening?
As a compliment to that piece, or perhaps because that piece resulted in UBS being asked so many follow up questions, there will be a global conference call on Tuesday the 30th at 16:00 China time where it will be discussed, and questions can be asked. I plan to be on the call
If interested in participating, click here to register