Emoo on China’s Visa Policy

Friday, June 20, 2008 1:48
Posted in category Uncategorized

When I first started writing on the problems of getting a visa in China, it was in essence because an American friend of mine had called Emoo to extend their visa.

When asked “What Nationality?” by the Emoo representative, my friend replied “American”, to which the response was “there is nothing we can do for you”

and with that, a series of posts was born:

January 29: Notice: Chinese F Visas Cannot Be Renewed Past Olympics
February15: Visa Warning for China Residents
March 7: If You Hold an F Visa. PAY ATTENTION
June 8: Z Visa Update: The Bigger Picture
June 9: Why Tourist Visa Problems in China Could F a Lot of Businesses

and, 5 minutes ago I received the below

Important statement from Emoo
As we all know,the Olympics Games is near at hand and the government of China want to control the quantities of foreign nationals in China.As a result they will strictly examine and approve foreign nationals who need to extend their visa.Now many foreign nationals want to apply or extend their visa but most of them were rejected for all kinds of reasons.

Our company makes a official statement that the foreign nationals who got the F-visa in Qingdao, Shandong province or Yantai, Shandong province from our company must go outside China to extend the visa. The Exit and Entry Administration of China has strict control of these foreign nationals and will not approve the L-visa or F-visa before and after the Olympics.

Recently in many housing estates entrance there will be immigration officers inspecting every foreign nationals. If you applied or extended a visa in our company before,you need to know the following points so that to avoid some troubles.

Immigration officials will ask you some questions:
Where did you get your visa?
How did you get the visa?
Now are you working or touring in Shanghai?
Have you processed the temporary living certificate?

Before you answer their questions,you need to check the place of issue now. And if your visa is issued in Qingdao or Yantai,Shandong province, you should answer the questioins like this:

My visa was got from Qingdao/Yantai, Shandong Province.

I made a business investigation in Qingdao/Yantai,Shandong Province before and the worker made the visa for me.I’m sorry I forgot the company name.

Now I just stay for a short time here and I will come back to my home country immediately.

“Temporary residence certificate” must be processed in the the Public Security Bureau of the foreign national’s residences in three days after every foreign national enter China. So if you didn’t process it,you will be imposed a fine of 500 RMB.After July 1st,2008,the foreignnationals should process a Temporary residence certificate in 24 hours after entering China.If you stay at the hotel,you don’t need to process it.But if you leave your hotel to your friends’ residences,you should also process it in 24 hours.The entry and exit will be checked through the internet.And if they found you didn’t process it in time,you will be imposed a fine at most 5000 RMB.

If you meet a special case,you can remain silent and contact us later.

Now if you have some questions you can call to ask us.You can also send e-mail to us.We will help you to solve the problems.Our phone number is 021-51035456 and our mail address is [email protected]

In any case,you shouldn’t say that you get the visa from the agent.It will bring you some troubles if you say that.Please answer their questions in accordance with our suggestions,otherwise you should accept the consequences by yourself.

The government of China will implement new policy on July 1st,2008 and then all the foreign nationals need to apply or extend the L-visa or F-visa outside China(not enclude Z-visa).And after the Olympics(about OCT.17),the government will begin to make a relaxation of the policy to foreign.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to “Emoo on China’s Visa Policy”

  1. sukkur abdul rasheed says:

    June 21st, 2008 at 8:15 pm

    this is sukkur abdul rasheed, now i am staying in shunde,

    i got my visa from inner mangoliya from the agent.
    now iam touring in foshan
    yes, i already registered temporary residence

  2. Paul Cambre says:

    June 22nd, 2008 at 3:54 am

    The government of China will implement new policy on July 1st,2008 and then all the foreign nationals need to apply or extend the L-visa or F-visa outside China(not enclude Z-visa).

    I was just at the Entry-Exit bureau in Pudong last week seeking a new or extended F visa for my girlfriend who needs 10 extra days for a contract in august. When I gave her the application materials she said I was too early. I was a little confused at first so I asked again and she said “yes, you are too early. Come back in August and apply.” Then I asked about the July 1st regulation about no more extended or new F visas in China. She said she never heard of it and that it will be no problem. I asked two other officials and all of them said repeatedly that she could get a new F visa (not an extension) in August. I am still not too trusting of their advice because I have seen this regulation floating around the web, but only in English and not from any authoritative source. But I believe if you go to the source, and I mean physically go to the entry-exit bureau not calling or asking someone else, it should be the correct info. I was going to apply anyway but the visa officer said since the F visa was not originally processed in Shanghai (it was in Paris) then the applicant had to be physically present. So I am curious about this July 1st regulation about new and extended visas in China. Is it for real and where is this info coming from? Just thought I would pass this along.

  3. D Shanker says:

    June 23rd, 2008 at 7:55 am

    I have a F visa expiring in Oct 2008. I am going to Shenzhen to live at a friend’s apartment. What do I have to bring with me to register with the Public Security Bureau? Thank you!! D

  4. Glen says:

    June 23rd, 2008 at 5:25 pm

    It’s different at each PSB. I always bring a photocopy of my passport page and my latest visa. They always seem to want this. It’s always a good idea to bring a passport sized photo of yourself. Depending on the situation, they may a copy of your friend’s lease agreement, but not all the time.

  5. Jan says:

    June 23rd, 2008 at 9:53 pm

    Just want to share my experience.
    My F visa expired on June 24, which is today. I went to the PSB on June 17, and submitted all documents required (exactly the same documents as every time I applied for visa extention), and they gave me an acceptance proof without any questions at all and i would have to take the visa in a week, which is today. Went to the PSB this morning and they gave me a one-month visa for a month until July 24 (as usual)

  6. D Shanker says:

    June 24th, 2008 at 9:55 pm

    Thanks Glen. Do they then give you a permit to carry with you once you register? D

  7. فروشگاه اینترنتی says:

    July 4th, 2008 at 8:41 am

    this is best blog about this article. and very informative post. this will be usefull to me in my works .